Mar 2017: Free listing for your business on major marketplaces
If you're looking to sell your business, we have an offer for you, it is worth in excess of £500.
These are the main marketplaces where businesses are sold. The top four each charge circa £150+ VAT per month to list your business for sale.
Our offer: We'll pick up the tab for your listing on one of those sites for a period of three months. There is no cost to you (unless you wish to extend beyond the three months in which case the respective marketplace's standard rates will apply). You will not be added to any "list". Your details will not be disclosed to any third parties. Your details will not be used for any marketing purposes, not even to promote our own services. There is no catch.
1. Your business needs to be a UK based limited company, with a turnover of at least £150,000 & with at least one full year's trading accounts.
2. We'll try to (and probably be able to) give you your first choice on which of the main marketplaces should carry your listing / ad.
3. It will be your responsibility to put together the copy and information necessary to run your business-for-sale listing / ad.
4. You will need to submit that information to us through a form we provide. (See a sample form here)
5. When buyers reply to enquire about your business we will not vet them or get them to complete an NDA. We will simply forward their emails to you. We suggest you set up a Gmail or other free email address for this purpose to protect your anonymity.
6. Remember, it is your legal responsibility to have an Energy Performance Certificate for your premises if you are selling your business. The government imposes severe fines on us (read more) for advertising businesses that don't have an EPC, so we will require you to get an EPC before we publish your ad.You can get a quote for an EPC here if you don't already have one.
To take up this offer, or if you have any questions, please use our contact page to get in touch.
Dec 2016: A comprehensive list of all the marketplaces where businesses are listed for sale
Most people know of one or two online portals where a business can be listed for sale. Daltons Business and BusinessesForSale.com are pretty well known. However, depending on the industry your business is in, and the budget you have available, there are numerous other marketplaces that may be more suitable, more affordable and more appropriate.
We've published a list of all the top marketplaces to sell a business complete with a brief review on each one. While prices for some can be quite high, several of the options in our list are completely free to the business seller.
Nov 2016: Business Valuation
We've commissioned several internationally renowned valuation experts to share their thoughts with our readers on business valuation. The first article is by Chris Thorne, Technical Director of the International Valuation Standards Council: Avoiding The Trips & Traps In Business Valuation.
Update: Our second article in this series has now been published: Business Valuation Myths & Why You Should Not Believe Them.
Sept 2016: Latest news, expert advice, whitepapers & research for business owners considering the exit
We've launched a site to curate the best articles and advice being published around the world of interest to business owners planning an equity event.
Get updated with what's happening in the world of finance, acquisitions, private equity and investments. Get insights and advice from business owners like you who've successfully sold their businesses. Get informed on trends, news, legislative changes and other influences that could impact on your chances of sale or on the value of your business. Visit our new site here.